Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reasons I Suck at Posting Lately

1. My baby's bare feet look like steamed pork buns and I must nom on them daily.

2. During my limited computer time, I'm easily distracted by stuff like this. He's a monkey! Who cooks! And I can highly endorse the apple crumble.

3. I'm still trying to learn that whole who/whom thing. Also, lay/lie.

4. It's really out of service to you, the reader. I don't want to rush you; I want to give you time to really savor each post. Go ahead, swish it around in your mouth a bit. There, isn't that nice? ("Mmm...fruity, with a fishy finish.")

5. I may have mentioned once or twice that my baby (he of the pork buns feet) doesn't. Effing. Sleep.

6. MOTH and I are back on our weekly menu-planning schedule, which means that instead of lame-but-fast pasta, we are taking the time to cook and consume things like tonight's butternut squash and bacon* risotto (which, by the way, good Goddamn, y'all...I believe all three of us consumed our collective weight in that stuff tonight).

7. Each post is preceded by three days of preparatory ritual, including fasting and meditation. Those are tricky, but it's the human sacrifices that really take up some time.

8. George W. Bush. I can't pinpoint how, but it's always safe to assume he's had a hand in screwing things up.



*When I came home, the whole house smelled of bacon, which made me think: bacon potpourri. Genius, right? Come on, you'd totally buy that.

6 comments:

  1. Baby feet are the most delicious things ever. :) And I've always heard writing rituals are important, so it seems you are on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It is never too late to blame George W. Bush. For anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacon potpourri? I..wow...will now dedicate my life to finding such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steamed pork buns? Those are my favorite food. Really! And Bacon Potpourri may be a great biz idea since Bacon Air Freshener (according to reviews on Amazon) is a scam. I blame George W. Bush for Pat Robertson. I don't know how that's going to work out. But it should and would. We will not forget you. As Mrs. Blogalot says, "You can't keep a good blog down!" xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol.
    Baby pork bun feet. Almost as yummy as baby sweet bun cheeks.
    Bacon potpourri would ROCK. And I'm a vegetarian. I'd buy it.
    George Bush totally screwed up my blog. And my baby's sleeping. It took six months of Obama to get my three year old to sleep through the night. Things are looking good for the next baby...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent. I'm glad to see that we're all pro-baby feet, pro-bacon potpourri, anti-Bush. That's enough to start our own religion, if you ask me. Who's with me?

    Naptime--I'd love nothing more than to blame my baby's lack of sleep on Bush, but Obama was already in office when he was born. Ooh...but! Bush was in office when I was pregnant, which is, as we all know, when sleep patterns are formed. Or something.

    ReplyDelete