Monday, November 23, 2009

Creepoid FTW!

So, the comments y'all left were 100% in favor of me not being a bitch about this whole Facebook request thing (extra points to those of you who signed comments or e-mails "Love, Greg," which I found HI-larious). I have not yet responded to Stalky McClueless, but I did e-mail my sister with the dilemma. She e-mailed me yesterday with this possible response:

Dear Greg,

Thanks for your persistence. I was waiting to see if you truly wanted to reconnect. Of course I've missed you, oh how I have. I've never stopped thinking about you. When I think of all the nights I lay awake just wondering if you were thinking of me too...

I know what you’re thinking: Why didn't I respond to your first message? Well, of course I just assumed you only wanted to reconnect as casual acquaintances, and I couldn't bear to suffer that pain. Then I got your second message. I know, why not respond then either? Well, I had to carefully weigh whether or not it was worth it to leave my husband and child and this life that I've built for only a slight possibility that you truly had "missed" me. But then I got your third message, and I knew. I knew that you have truly missed me with the same intensity I have you. I mean, we were so close in high school, spending each day together, and hours at night on the phone. And though we kept in touch through college, all those weekend trips back and forth to each others’ schools? Eventually, we drifted apart. Lost contact. And know I could've taken the first step to find you again, but I was afraid to put my heart on the line just to have it stomped on, to find out you had moved on...forgotten about me...

But now I realize this is our chance! I've left a note for my husband, a video tape for my son so that he will always remember me, and I've got my plane ticket. Meet me at our place, you know, that place we spent so much time together during high school. We'll catch up on everything we've missed and start anew, as the duo we once were. I'll be waiting for you. See you soon...

Love,
Falling

She added at the end:

Yeah, there was going to be a line in there about the shower, and how you were there just hoping he would be there with a camera, but every time the dialogue started to sound sexual, it got too icky, even in ubersarcastic private e-mail form. Anyway, I think platonic stalker is even creepier . . Hope I've been helpful.

And this is why I love my sister.


In other news, my pants no longer fit. Seems that the combination of breastfeeding and regularly hoisting a 25-pound baby have worked for me, fitness-wise. And I'm not complaining, Lord knows, but it means that, unless I wear a belt, my pants are constantly sliding down past my hips, thusly rendering me constantly ready for cracktion (my friend E's term: crack + action = cracktion). And I can't help wondering how all those thuggy teens do it. Shit is annoying, yo.

6 comments:

  1. Very funny (you had me laughing...a lot) blog. I'd never guess you were a newby. Doubt you'll be interested in a foodie blog like mine, but I hope you don't mind if I peek in on your life once in a while. It's hilarious so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Your sister is McAwesome! That email she wrote is killing me! Seriously, my husband is going to walk back to the computer and find me stone-dead with my face frozen with eerie, eternally soundless laughter. I would send it to him... of course, as long as he's not creepy enough to actually believe it!!!

    Major congrats on the weight loss (that is, if you're like me and dying to shed the baby pounds. Then again, I gained like 60 lbs when I was pregnant. Not fun.) I have not lost all that weight, even though I'm breastfeeding, and it's so depressing. Sigh. I'll just live vicariously through you!

    Love,
    Greg. I mean Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. This is classic. I love your sister! Tell her love from Greg aka moi. The great sense of humor and sarcastic wit apparently run in the family. I have great hope for Tankbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word your sister is hilarious. AND you're a genius for making her genius into a blog post, thus relieving you for one night of being full-length-post-awesome yourself.
    Double kudos.
    (Triple, if you count my "congratulations on being stalked via social media" thoughts.)
    Ah, breasfeeding weight loss. How I miss you. I got down, at 9 months post, to my high schoool weight. When he weaned at 2 years I gained to my all-time prepreg high. Enjoy it. But don't throw away last month's pants in triumph, like I did. Your won't come back. But just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I say "Sorry for the typos" but refuse to retype my typos and correct them, do I still get credit for noticing my lameness? Lazy yet resourceful, and excellent at multi-tasking my error-retractions. Yay me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara--Whee! Another reader! Scoot over and sit right down. Snacks are in the kitchen. I did go and check out your blog today...and then I got hungry. Obviously, with the babe, I don't have tons of time to cook, but I sure do love reading recipes and hoarding them for the future.

    Naptime--I have been reading your posts since...um, yesterday when I discovered you. But I've laughed bunches already and am delighted to see that you've popped over here. Thank goodness I had my witty sister's words ready to impress.

    And thanks for the sister-love, y'all. I know, right? She's kinda effing brilliant. I totally plan on stealing more of her stuff to fill blog space. I only wish I'd come up with the idea back on November 2nd.

    Re: the breastfeeding diet. Yeah, I know. I'm probably doomed, because I'm getting into some very bad habits that include Daily Chocolate Consumption, so basically I'm counting on the breastfeeding (plus, of course, lifting the Giantest Baby). I'm thinking right now that we just won't wean. And so what if he does? I'll always have the pump. I'll put out my own video: Pump Breasts, Not Iron!

    And regarding typos, Naptime, two things: 1) I recently read your "Grammar nerds, unite!" post and realized that, while I count myself among your ranks, I have been misusing "nauseous," so a typo from you feels slightly soothing to my grammar nerd ego, and 2) Dude, you've gotta know that I was all, "She commented! Twice!!"

    Seriously, computer friends are the best. Besides computer sisters, that is.

    ReplyDelete