Saturday, November 28, 2009

True or False: A Quiz

OK, this is like ye olde Highlights quiz. Get your pen and paper, and begin! (Do not, however, turn your computer upside down to read the answers. Because they're not here yet. I'll post 'em tomorrow. Also, that is probably bad for your computer.) Go!!


1) I met Robert Downey, Jr. at a fundraiser several years ago. He was very sweet and accommodating of us goggle-eyed girls, and my friend A-E totally called him out for checking out my rack. He made headlines a few weeks later for relapsing yet again. I blame myself.

2) On my 30th birthday, I auditioned for Sesame Street.

3) I have been knitting on and off since I was a teenager and my grandmother taught me in an effort to get me to help make holiday knickknacks.

4) My one and only foray into an adult store was while I was in college. It was called The Velvet Finger and it charged an admission fee. I still have the receipt.

5) I made the event coordinator of my wedding cry, using nothing but my indoor voice and an Excel spreadsheet.

6) I love mayonnaise.

7) I am allergic to cats and shellfish, so I don't eat either of them.

8) My first concert was during the Monkees' reunion tour in the 80s and I was kind of shocked that they were all...old. Like my dad's age, or something. Also, Weird Al Yankovic opened for them, so I got two surreal experiences for the price of one.

9) I made it to the ripe old age of 22 without ever watching Star Wars, much to the consternation of various boyfriends, and prompting a five-page letter from my friend Dennis about why it was the best movie ever made.

10) I am totally gleeful that, by using this format to post the answers tomorrow, I already have tomorrow's blog post figured out. Take that, NaBloPoMoPo!

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant! AND I am not being lazy, but I am going to say TRUE to all of them, esp. #10. #1 to #9 sound totally YOU. Yeah, like I have known you since birth... It's my gut telling me that they are so YOU. Or, I really would like to have a friend who could answer TRUE to all these. Please say so tomorrow (or today)... I am gleefully counting down to the end of NaBloMoFo. 2 more days baby. and then I am off the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say true to all of them but #6. Nobody loves mayonnaise, right?

    Looking forward to tomorrow...I am really hoping you auditioned for SS when you were 30. That would make me think that you were, like, the coolest chick ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to guess that all of them are true except for #2... I mean, it would be totally cool if you had auditioned for sesame street at age 30 because then I could be all like, hey I "know" someone who auditioned for Sesame Street! At age 30! But for some reason, I doubt that one's true. And #7 might be false as well. I bet you really DO eat cats, don't you?
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you all are playing along! I have posted answers 1-4 just now, but it's almost 11 pm and mama's gotta work tomorrow, so the rest will go up tomorrow night...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heavens, I've read seven of your posts back to back and I'm dizzy, laughing, and convinced you're insane. But my kind of insane! LOVE the blog. I'll have something intelligent to say some day, when the buzz of finding you has worn off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naptime--Aw, shucks. I'm all aflutter. I love your stuff, too and am currently reading your archives and wanting to comment on stuff from July of last year.

    Also, yes, I'm totally whackadoodle.

    ReplyDelete