Sunday, November 22, 2009

Interweb-Un-Savvy-Newbie Unknowingly Ignores Honor!

I have been twice given an official award-trophy-shout-out for this, my wee little maiden blogging voyage! I'm so terribly excited about this that I keep telling my husband about it (he being one of three people in the three-dimensional world who know about this blog, so once I've told all three, I just start at the top of the list again).

I don't know how to make the badge thingy show up here (Submom? Jen?), but I sure do want to thank you guys for giving me the bloggy love. I have always loved writing, but I enjoy writing for me very differently than writing for others. And since if I was only writing for me, I'd be using some bound book with a sad kitty and a lock on the front, I am so honored and grateful to have found some readers so quickly. And the idea that I'm making other people laugh is really my idea of heaven.

I think that part of the dealie with this is that I also get to give the trophy to blogs that I adore. My (needs to be updated) blog roll has the blogs that I read for years and years before I took the plunge myself, so I think I'd rather take this opportunity to testify about the blogs I've discovered just this month (and yes, I realize that this is basically a masturbatory exercise, considering that I've found these blogs through my tiny-but-mighty cadre of readers, so y'all are already familiar):

The Absence of Alternatives--My inaugural reader, Submom has been giving me encouragement on a near daily basis, while still managing to post daily herself. I am still working my way through her archives, but so far I can see that she covers parenting, race, politics, all with equal insight and humor. I love that she has a category called "Mark my word, Twitter will doom us all." Plus, Venn diagrams!

Nathan Rising--Of course, being a new mom, I'm going to want to read what another new mom writes. And there's the fact that (from what I've gathered) our sons are about the same age. Also? Check out that baby. That's is one nom-nom-nomable baby right there. But if you want to know why I started reading her? Poop.

The Kitchen Witch--Caution: do not visit this blog if you are hungry. Or are ever hungry. Or have eyes. Because while at first you will just be reading along, snickering, soon you will be hit with photos of glorious food and then come the tantalizing recipes and then your whole day is shot, what with the drooling and making shopping lists and all.

Naptime Writing
--Just found her today, via TKW. Excellent, funny writing that makes me feel all, why bother writing, I'll just send people to her, because she's already written it. Better. Also? Is Good Person. Check out how they've handled the Santa Conundrum in her family.

I am equal parts excited and overwhelmed at being on the verge of this wonderful community. Now I just need to figure out how to get my baby to do my job so that I can eliminate two time-sucks in one swell foop, as they say, and thus have more time for reading, commenting, and learning how not to be so ignorant as to not know what to do with a trophy.

ETA: Thanks for the instructions. Here goes:

4 comments:

  1. Well, you definitely deserve it because your blog is such a fantastic read! And thank YOU for the recognition as well! :-D And yes, Nathan is indeed nomable... In fact, I was seriously tempted today to completely consume his little cheeks. They're so rosy!

    To show the award in my blog, I saved the image onto my computer (by right clicking on it) then uploaded it into my post.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. I was just lucky that I walked into your blog during one of my late-night web surfing and I guess I never left. (I live inside this comment box of yours... Creepy, eh?) I did what Jen did. Some people upload pictures to their blog, then paste the html code to have the picture show up on their sidebar. So the awards will be there all the time. I don't know how that's done. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember (not long ago, actually) when I started blogging and was SO scared that nobody would read, and scared because I'm technically retarded and didn't even know how to upload a picture, and so scared of...everything.

    And then I stuck my toe in the virtual water and found amazing, supportive, wonderful people who are encouraging and helpful and insightful.

    Welcome to the blogosphere, kid! We're here for you! Cheering you on.

    And isn't Nap the BEST? Love that chica.

    Thanks for the shout out, sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! More bloggy love. This is the greatest. I've decided to only interact with friends in the computer from now on. Screw you, people in person!

    ReplyDelete