Friday, November 20, 2009

Inside My Brain, as Performed by Dinosaurs

So, this might be cheating a bit as an entry (don't tell the National Blog Post Month Police, or the NaBloPoMoPo), but once again it's 11 PM and I am staring blankly at a screen, drooling while my lids drop shut.

There's a comic by in our local free paper called "Dinosaur Comics" and it is brilliant. One in particular is clipped out and stuck to our fridge, and I use it as a reference point to explain how my brain works (you may need to click on it to see the whole thing in a new window):



This is exactly what happens in my head when confronted with any problem, question, or even slightly unsettling fact: I rage about the unfairness, then begin to plan for the worst and then, when I realize (or it is pointed out) that I can't, in fact, control everything, I just opt for paralyzing panic and doom.

I think this will serve me really well as a parent, don't you?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that totally counts as a post! And it is pretty good! I know what you mean about sometimes staring blankly at the computer screen, drooling. Been there!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm trying to remember that I'm going from never blogging before to BLOGGING EVERY FREAKING DAY and that I've gotta cut myself some slack. The thing is, there're nine days left...what if I used my cop-out entry too soon? :)

    ReplyDelete